Monday, November 1, 2010

Slow Cooker Roasted Potatoes

Love, love, love roast potatoes - who doesn't, and as I've mentioned before I also love, love, love my slow cooker, so what better way to combine the two but with these tender little mouthfuls.  This is also a great way to cook them for a big dinner if your oven is full of other delicious items, and you don't have room.










Slow Cooker Roasted Potatoes
Serves 6-8

2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5 inch pieces
6 cloves garlic, peeled
2 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs fresh rosemary, snipped OR 1 tsp dried, crushed
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
  • in a large bowl toss the potatoes and garlic with the oil, rosemary, salt and pepper to coat.
  • place potato mixture in a 3-4 quart slow cooker, cover and cook on high-heat for 3 to 4 hours or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork (use high heat, as low heat won't crisp up the potatoes on the outside.)

 I used dried rosemary and crushed it slightly in a pestle and mortar.

combine everything together - easy peasy.

I got my timing off a little today, and they weren't as crispy as I would of liked them, so I popped them in a baking tray and baked them in the oven along side the prosciutto wrapped salmon that we were having, just to crisp the edges a little.

    1 comment:

    1. I know this post is old, but I figure you have email notifications on...

      I've found that cooking potatoes in the slow cooker they never really get soft on the inside. Do you have the same problem, or do you prefer the firmer texture?

      ReplyDelete