Sunday, October 31, 2010

Watermelon Tomato Salad

This is a wonderful summer salad, but even though today is Halloween and the weather is cold and raining, it still works fabulously with the heartwarming butternut squash soup I made earlier.










Watermelon Tomato Salad

1 small seedless watermelon, cubed
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 small red onion, chopped
2 tsp parsley, chopped if fresh (I used dried)
1 Tbs lime juice
  • In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, tomato and onion.
  • sprinkle over the parsley and lime juice and toss to coat.
  • refrigerate until ready to serve.

I didn't have any fresh limes, so I used bottled juice - worked great.

these small watermelons are so sweet - delicious.

mmmmm.....watermelon :)

I used red cherry tomatoes, but yellow grape would give a wonderful contrast too.

I didn't have a small onion, so I only used half of a larger one.

this is also a great accompaniment with a salmon fillet.

No comments:

Post a Comment