Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mini Nutella Fudge Cupcakes

When I thought about starting this 'foodie' website I made the decision that I would post not just the triumphs in my kitchen but also the failures, because lets face it, we're not all classically trained chefs or bakers and sometimes life just doesn't go our way.  Well I have to say my first post turned out to be not just a failure but a complete catastrophe which is now lining the inside of the garbage can - such a shame too, especially when they sounded like they should be sooooo good, and they also looked pretty good too when they first came out of the oven.

Alas though, they were pretty tasteless to be honest and a little too dense, and unless some major changes are made then I won't be using that same recipe again.  Let me know if anyone comes up with a scrumptious variation and I'll give it another go.



Mini Nutella Fudge Cupcakes:
According to the recipe is should yield 12 cupcakes (I actually could only get 9 out of the batter)

1/2 cup Nutella spread
1 large egg
5 Tbs all-purpose flour
1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped

  • Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a 12 cup mini muffin pan with paper liners.
  • In a medium bowl whisk the Nutella and egg until smooth and well blended.  Add the flour and whisk until blended.
  • Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins (about 3/4 full) and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts.
  • Bake until a toothpick comes out with wet, gooey crumbs, 10-11 minutes.  Set on a rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment