Friday, November 12, 2010

Coleslaw Dressing

A lot of coleslaw's are pretty much the same ingredients, albeit in different quantities and combinations, but most of the pre-packaged ones that I've come across are a bit too mayonnasey (is that even a word :), for my taste.  Don't get me wrong, I love mayo as much as the next gal, but if there's too much of it in a dressing I find that I can't taste anything but mayo.  This one is from a wonderful vegan cookbook called La Dolce Vegan (I substituted Miracle Whip for the vegan mayo), and it's sweet and tart and delicious!!!










Coleslaw Dressing
makes approximately 1 cup

3/4 cup mayonnaise (as I said I used Miracle Whip
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs fresh parsley, minced (I didn't have any fresh so I used 1 tsp of dried - worked great)
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
  • whisk everything in a bowl or put everything in a jar with a lid and shake.

 coleslaw dressing ingredients.

for ease I bought a bag of pre-cut coleslaw vegetables, but I only make up a little at a time using a couple of tablespoons of dressing - that way the vegetables stay crispy which I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment