Monday, December 13, 2010

Pork Chops in Red Sauce

I can't believe that I'm going back on my comment from the last post already!!
Here I was thinking that I wouldn't have time this week to feed my hubby anything but cookies, treats and take-out, and what do I do?  I cook him pork chops!!!  He's soooo spoilt (only joking honey ;o)

It's not as if I slaved over a hot stove all afternoon to get these chops on the plate - it's a simple yet very delicious way to serve pork chops.  They come out so unbelievably tender you almost don't need a knife to cut them.










Pork Chops in Red Sauce
serves 2

2 large pork chops (or 4 small)
1 onion, sliced
1 cube beef bouillon
1/2 cup hot water
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp mesquite seasoning
1 can condensed tomato soup
pinch salt & pepper

  • preheat the oven to 375 F.
  • in a medium bowl dissolve the beef bouillon cube in the hot water.
  • once the cube has dissolved completely, add the garlic powder, mesquite seasoning, soup, salt and pepper; mix well and set aside.
  • place the pork chops in a baking / casserole dish and cover with the sliced onion.
  • pour the tomato mix over the chops to cover them completely.
  • cover the baking dish with either a lid (if you have one) or aluminum foil, and bake for 1 hour.
  • these are great served with practically anything, rice, noodles, potatoes - whatever you have a hankering for.

 Pork Chops in Red Sauce ingredients.

dissolve the beef bouillon cube in the hot water.

mix in all the other sauce ingredients.

cover the pork chops with the sliced onion.

pour the sauce over to completely cover the chops.

after an hour of cooking it almost falls from the bone.

tonight I served them with these potatoes.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment