Monday, December 27, 2010

Lemon Cheesecake (alternative base)

Okay, I know yesterday I said that I was going to make my lemon cheesecake with a raspberry 'swirl' through the middle of it - well, change of plans.  We ended up with lemon cheesecake covered with warm raspberry sauce.  Not because it wouldn't of tasted AWESOME with the swirl, or looked fabulous, but mainly because I completely forgot to add it!!!  I just carried on making the cheesecake as I usually do and it wasn't until it was already half way through cooking that I remembered - oh well, maybe next time :o)

I did make a few differences this time though, which is why I decided to include this little updated post.  Instead of making two cheesecakes as I usually do, I went with one 'tall' dessert instead, so it ended up baking for about an extra 10-15 minutes (50-55 minutes).  I also changed the base from my usual digestive biscuit base and this time used Oreo cookies - this just might now be my 'usual' base - it was delicious!!!

So anyway, I won't bother with the whole recipe again here, just some photos for the base, but you can get my original recipe for lemon cheesecake here.


I used my Magic Bullet to make the Oreo crumbs but use whatever works for you.

I found that a whole pack of Oreos along with the regular amount of butter from my original recipe is a good mix.

as I mentioned, I only made one cheesecake this time, so the base was a little thicker - so I baked it for 15 minutes this time.

It was so tall it started to come over the top of the pan!!!

with the added raspberry sauce (sorry, by the time I thought of taking a photo including the sauce, most of it was already eaten :o), and the chocolate base, this was delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment