Thursday, December 2, 2010

Crash Hot Potatoes (from the Pioneer Woman)

There's not much more to say about these potatoes than....DE-LI-CIOUS!!!

I came across them from The Pioneer Woman's website quite some time ago and have been meaning to try them ever since, so when I decided to have my steak in mushroom sauce today, these were the first thing that popped into my mind to accompany it - thank you Ree for your inspiration :o)










Crash Hot Potatoes (from the Pioneer Woman)
Serves 4-6

12-14 whole new potatoes (depending on size)
3 Tbs olive oil
salt and pepper
herb of choice (I used chives)

  • preheat oven to 450 F.
  • drizzle approximately 1 tablespoon of olive oil onto a baking pan; set aside.
  • in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook the potatoes under fork tender.
  • drain the potatoes and place them on the baking pan with space between each one.
  • using a potato masher, gently press down each potato until they split and flatten slightly.
  • generously brush with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with the salt, pepper and herbs.
  • bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.

 hopefully you've all got a trusty old, scratched and battered saucepan like the one I use - I wouldn't be without it :o)

I only used foil on my baking pan, purely for easy cleanup.

press them with a potato masher until they split.

brush the tops with olive oil.

sprinkle with salt, pepper and whatever herbs you're using.

little, fluffy, flattened roast potatoes - yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment