Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day Roast Dinner

I apologies in advance that you're not going to get my usual ingredients, instructions and step by step photos for this post - quite frankly there was just so much going on in my little kitchen today that I would of probably ended up putting my camera down somewhere and roasting it with the potatoes!!!  So instead it's going to be a very short post just letting you know what we had (because honestly I was very proud of myself this year - my roast potatoes and yorkshire puddings especially came out just about 'perfect' and I promise that one day soon I will cook them again to let you know what perfection tastes like :o)

Our bellies were full of:
roast turkey
'perfect' roast potatoes
maple roasted parsnips and baby carrots
brussel sprouts in butter sauce
sage and onion bread stuffing
HUGE 'perfect' yorkshire puddings (best I've ever made!)
and of course.......turkey gravy

After the delicious breakfast that we'd had of eggs benedict my original plan to have a lunch-time Christmas meal was delayed (still too full of buttery hollandaise sauce) so we ended up having it at about 4 pm - luckily it was just Dean and I so we could have it whenever we wanted it :o)


I told you my yorkshire's were HUGE - take my word for it, underneath that behemoth in the middle of the plate there is turkey, parsnips and carrots too :o)


x  MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL  x


No comments:

Post a Comment