Monday, March 7, 2011

Vanilla Extract (ready to use)

Hey everyone - I'm back!!!!
Thank you so much for hanging around until I got myself back to my cozy country kitchen.  It's been a long and difficult 5 weeks away - I'm sad to say that my Dad passed away - one of the most amazing, inspirational men that I'm so proud to be able to say was in my life and who I will miss tremendously.

Needless to say I'm still not 100% sure exactly which time zone my body is in compared to my mind, so I thought I'd start back up with something simple.  While I've been away the magic fairies of time have been working hard in my pantry and I now have a wonderful, fragrant bottle of homemade vanilla extract front and centre on my baking shelf.  The longer you leave this the stronger it will get and as you can see from the following photos the colour has intensified over the past 2 months.  For the steps on how to get this started pop on back to my post from January 7 when it first began.


after 2 months it's ready to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment