Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cheesy Potato Bake

I couldn't decide what to make to go alongside the beef stew that I had put into one of our slow cookers first thing this morning.  Should I go with some crusty bread, or to pour it over some egg noodles, or maybe even some nice garlic mash potatoes - decisions, decisions.  In the end I figured that, seeing as I have two slow cookers I might as well get something going in the other one as well and have a really easy dinner - I might have some simple prep work to begin with, but when the time comes it's just take off the lid and dish up - and this yummy little potato dish is always a crowd pleaser.










Cheesy Potato Bake (Slow Cooker)
6-8 servings

1 1/2 lbs potatoes
1 cup cheese, grated (I used white cheddar)
1 red onion, chopped
1/2 brick cream cheese, cubed
1 jar Alfredo pasta sauce
2 Tbs Dijon mustard
1 tsp dried parsley
2 tsp dried garlic
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

  • cut the potatoes in half and then cut each half into 1/4 inch slices;  put the sliced potatoes into a 4-5 quart slow cooker.
  • add the grated cheese, chopped onion and cream cheese to the potatoes and combine.
  • in a medium bowl combine the Alfredo sauce, Dijon mustard, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper and blend together.
  • pour the sauce over the potato mixture in the slow cooker and mix well.
  • cover and cook on LOW setting for 6-8 hours.

 Cheesy Potato Bake ingredients.

half the potatoes lengthwise and cut into 1/4 inch slices.

put all of the potatoes into a 4-5 quart slow cooker.

add the chopped onions.

add the cheeses and mix well.

put the Alfredo sauce, mustard, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper into a medium bowl.....

 blend well.

pour over the potato mixture in the slow cooker and mix thoroughly.

I served it with the rich beef stew that I had cooked in our second slow cooker....yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment